Originally Posted by RockyRaab
58,000 swimming pools is literally a drop in the ocean. At any moment, there are about 50 actively erupting volcanoes on the planet, spewing million of tons of sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, other gasses, ash, smoke, and water vapor into the atmosphere. And those are only the volcanoes above the surface.

One hurricane takes more water vapor out of the atmosphere than this volcano has put in. Probably many times more, if it could be accurately measured. To say that it rained it Kentucky because of a volcano in Tonga is ludicrous beyond measure.

You might try reading the link, I didn’t write it, I just posted it, but there is evidence that most here won’t believe because it isn’t in their wheelhouse of knowledge…

This makes it the largest and highest injection of water into the stratosphere since satellites began taking measurements.

"We estimate that the excess water vapor is equivalent to around 10% of the amount of water vapor typically residing in the stratosphere," which is the biggest increase scientists have ever seen, researchers wrote in the new paper, published online July 1 in the journal Geophysical Research Letters. The water vapor may remain in the stratosphere for around half a decade, the researchers wrote.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]