A few days ago on a different thread, a couple of members posed something along the lines of, 'Why don't Asian people ever defend themselves?', which I thought was pretty funny. Speaking only about places I know a bit about, like the Chinatowns in Boston and NYC, do you know why there's relatively little black/brown/white on yellow crime there? Yeah. Because people with names like Johnny Chin and Brian Nguyen and their male family members just ain't having it. Street justice is a thing, and in most situations, none of these people are dialing 911 after the fact. Old ladies and soft and weak ones, sure, they sometimes get victimized by predatory, scavenging, lowlife vermin, but by in large, the folks in those places can and do defend themselves and their people and what's theirs-- with gusto.

As an aside, the more common shop owner self-defense tools in these parts are baseball bats and cleavers. Oh look, an scumbag assailant/thief in the hood? Yeah. Very few inner city Asian males I know do the whole victim thing well. Anyway, nice job, kid.