I am quickly becoming a 6.5 Grendel fan. After seeing the results that a family member was having with his down in the SC lowcountry on deer, pigs and coyotes I wanted to try one. I did shoot his PSA 20-inch rifle at our local range out to 300 yards, and it delivered pretty respectable groups with Hornady AMAX and Black factory ammunition (.75-1.25 @ 100 yards) and his hand load with 120 gr. NBT was just over 0.5 for 5 shots. The only modifications to the stock rifle were a Trigger Tech trigger and the gas block was adjusted.

Since I already support 6.5x55 and 6.5 Creedmoor rifles I had 6.5 bullets on the bench and small rifle primers in inventory, so I took the 6.5 Grendel plunge.

I started with a PSA 20-inch upper that I put on an RRA NM lower that was gathering dust, mounted a Burris Veracity 2-10x42 and went shooting. The gas block was adjusted, and I later put a finial polish on the chamber. Very happy with the results; still shooting factory Hornady through it and other than one groundhog and a coyote it's been punching paper.

It has led to a Howa Mini that I put into a B&C stock, bedded it with DEVCON and changed out the bottom plastic to bottom metal; it shoots rather well, and I want to deer hunt with it this fall.

The last 6.5 Grendel purchased was a LaRue complete upper w/ an 18-inch barrel that has only been test fired so far and it looks to be a well thought out and put together upper.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice, I went with the 6.5 Grendel.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi