By Wayne Allyn Root

August 7, 2022 at 9:52am

What does my poll indicate? DeSantis is fantastic. He is the best Governor in America. He is my personal favorite Governor ever. But he will not be the GOP nominee in 2024. To say otherwise is pure fantasy.

Trump is the 2024 GOP nominee- PERIOD. An overwhelming percentage of Republican voters understand only one man can clean up Biden’s disaster and put the US economy back on track-Donald J. Trump.

But there was an asterisk to the respondents of my poll. Almost every person that picked Trump added (without my asking) they wanted DeSantis as the VP. The conclusion? Trump/DeSantis is the perfect ticket. Almost every Republican wants it.

But there is a problem. Trump cannot run with DeSantis. DeSantis is disqualified by the rules of the electoral college. Two candidates cannot run from the same state, or your ticket loses the electoral votes of that state (for either President or VP). No Republican can ever afford to give up the valuable electoral votes of Florida.

No one seems to know this. So, I’m making sure everyone knows this problem, before they get shocked and disappointed. Trump is precluded by the rules of the electoral college from running with DeSantis.

Unless…

Trump gives up his Florida residency. Which is easy, but costly. If Trump registers to vote in New Jersey, everything changes. Yes, Trump’s income taxes will go way up, but if Trump switches his legal residency from Maralago to Bedminster, his New Jersey mansion and golf club, we all get the 2024 dream ticket of Trump-DeSantis.

Or perhaps President Trump could declare Las Vegas his official home residence and place of voting. He already owns Trump International Hotel in Vegas. Then he’d pay the same 0% income tax rate as in Florida.

The ball is in Trump’s hands.

If Trump plays his cards right, not only do we win the 2024 election with the perfect ticket to supercharge the economy and save us from Covid insanity forever more (no more masks, vaccine mandates, lockdowns)…and four more years of Trump dismantling the DC Swamp…but we also set up eight years of President DeSantis from 2028 to 2036.

So, there’s the solution. If we all want Trump-DeSantis, that’s the only way to make it happen and save the nation we all love

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-ticket-2024-not-possibleunless-happens/

Settle down DeSantis Fanboyz. None of this is going to happen, for several reasons.

Lets pretend the elections aren't rigged and no cheating occurs;

1. Trump would not get a single more vote with DeSantis on the ticket then he would without him. i.e. Trump does not need DeSantis.
2. VP would be a complete waste of DeSantis talents. And he certainly does not need name recognition for a future presidential run.
3. Who would replace DeSantis as FL Gov? There is a reason no names have ever been mentioned. Remember, before DeSantis was that dipchit Rick Scott. Who as Senator is still a dipchit. Lots of people from the NE have moved to FL, it is NOT given it's a solid Red State.
4. If deemed wise, moving DeSantis to the Federal level it would be better he be SoS or SoD where he can actually accomplish something in fighting The Swamp.
5. DeSantis has not proven his chops. He is in a friendly spot, everyone in his administration are his friends, with the exception of Sec of Agriculture, he is not surrounded by backstabbers. And going up against some LBGQ's at Disney is hardly the acid test. What happens when the CIA, DOJ, FBI and everyone else in the Federal Gov, plus several foreign governments, are after his ass?

Trump and DeSantis know all this stuff. So, bottom line is Trump isn't moving anywhere and DeSantis will not be on his ticket.

I just thought the Electoral College rule was interesting and little (not?) known.

Last edited by SupFoo; 08/07/22.