1. Trump would not get a single more vote with DeSantis on the ticket then he would without him. i.e. Trump does not need DeSantis.

I think that's probably true.

2. VP would be a complete waste of DeSantis talents. And he certainly does not need name recognition for a future presidential run.

True again plus there would be a clash of wills and personalities.

3. Who would replace DeSantis as FL Gov? There is a reason no names have ever been mentioned. Remember, before DeSantis was that dipchit Rick Scott. Who as Senator is still a dipchit. Lots of people from the NE have moved to FL, it is NOT given it's a solid Red State.

As I understand it, Don Jr., and Kimberly Guilfoyle have their political aspirations set on either the Post-DeSavge governorship or a state senator gig in Florida. Florida is more Red now than it has been in three decades thanks to Desantis' actions. Plus there has been some recent redistricting that plays into Conservatives' favor for the immediate future. The Tampa and Miami areas are where more attention needs to be paid by the GOP.

4. If deemed wise, moving DeSantis to the Federal level it would be better he be SoS or SoD where he can actually accomplish something in fighting The Swamp.

He's going to have-to rely upon Trump and his people when the time comes ... shared hard lessons about the deep state and its swamp rats. Who to trust and whom not to trust. The RINOs sabotaged Trump his first time around. DeSantis needs to keep Trump’s people in his circle by the end of Trump’s second term.

5. DeSantis has not proven his chops. He is in a friendly spot, everyone in his administration are his friends, with the exception of Sec of Agriculture, he is not surrounded by backstabbers. And going up against some LBGQ's at Disney is hardly the acid test. What happens when the CIA, DOJ, FBI and everyone else in the Federal Gov, plus several foreign governments, are after his ass?

That is the $25k question for all future Conservatives on every level of local, state and federal government these days. It's a conundrum.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.