Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by saddlering
I swapped into a Ruger 5.7 today, hope to shoot it in the next couple of days.

Hope you swapped into a pallet of ammo too.

Re: “the pallet of ammo.” Yes…. But….

I can take out a 5.7 carbine or the two braced pistols and “get comfortable” with sights, trigger etc in about 10-12 rounds each…. It is expensive, maybe $70 per range session. Only need 3 or four range sessions per year to maintain 50 yard minute of cantaloupe proficiency. Easy…. Red dot on it and squeeze.

I have a Ruger 57 pistol but don’t shoot it much. Glock 19 is preferred for most purposes.

I do however find that I need significantly more trigger time to maintain a minimum level of proficiency with my 9mm pistols. I am not a great pistol shot and end up shooting 100 to 125 rounds per practice session…. I shoot 9mm pistols 6-8 times per year.

My total 9mm ammo cost is about the same as the 5.7 ammo cost….. but a lot more shooting with the 9mm.

Anyway….. again… braced 5.7 pistols are wonderful things for 50 yards and closer. Ruger 57, not so much.

Btw…. Same thinking applies to 9mm carbines….. red dot on it and squeeze…. Out to 50 yards, it gets a bullet right away.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”