I bought some 7mm 150 grain CX and some 165 grain .30 cal CX bullets.

Managed to work up a decent 165 grain 30-06 load at about 2800 fps with a bit over MOA accuracy from my Rem 700.

Also worked up a warm load with the 150 from my 7mm Rem Mag, Ruger Number One rifle. Accuracy was again, a bit over MOA.

When I was working up the loads, I ran into pressure signs at lower charge weights than when working with conventional lead-core bullets. Had to hunt around a little for accuracy, but I got to a reasonable level for me, and my hunting rifles.

The CX bullets sure are tough! I put some into clear ballistic gel blocks at short range, at 2800 and 3200 fps. Wow... They sure don't fly apart. Penetration was excellent. Hornady recommends an impact velocity of at least 2,000 fps. I haven't shot any at low velocities, but from the photos Hornady has shown, it doesn't look like much expansion at 2,000 fps.

This photo is mine, with the 7mm, 150 grain CX bullets recovered from the ballistics gel. Muzzle velocity was 3200 fps for the left bullet and 2800 fps for the expanded bullet on the right.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm going to try the 150 gr CX this year for hunting. We shall see.

Regards, Guy