Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Simpson LTD only has one Tikka combination gun listed on their site today, 06/01/22, a 77K in 222/12.

This Valmet is a far better choice as a useful all around gun, IMO, but at $1,295.00 it's over priced by about $400.00. I've owned more than a few of these and traded up toward drillings, my drug of choice, but I never had one that didn't shoot little bugger-hole groups. The drawback is the 22HP ammo availability, however.
https://simpsonltd.com/valmet-212-z49366/

For the member who wants a 20/222 this combo with light loads would be a good second choice. The 20ga versions of the Tikka were not lighter than the 12 ga guns, no significant difference. These will also re-chamber to 3", which reduces the jolt of a HB 2 3'4" load with the former short forcing cone of the original. Scope mounts are the traditional SAKO dovetail type.

From 12/9,3X74R down to 12/222 every gun shot very accurately. I've used both SST and DT versions and have both. I like them equally for different types of hunting. If I'm bird hunting I prefer the SST, so the first pull is always the shotgun. I dead-centered a straight away on a francolin with a 9,3X74R using a DT gun.

Combination guns used for their purpose feel like cheating. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”