I would have to disagree about the Valmet. I've owned several and if you wish to keep one for any length of time and do any amount of shooting you need a spare for parts. The trigger mechanism is cheaply built and the quality just isn't there. You will find better quality in almost any other European combo including Baikal. I had a nice little Voere in 20 ga. over 222 but didn't care for the break lever also being the cocking lever. It had to be cocked for every shot so if you wanted a follow up shot with the shotgun after you fired the rifle it had to be cocked again. It was a delightful little gun but never bonded so off it went to a very nice gentlman who uses and appreciates it.
Now I have a Tikka in 12 ga. over 222 and a BRNO 7x57 over 12 ga. The BRNO's internals look like they were built by a watch maker and even being a bit heavier than a lot of other combos, it handles and shoots very well. If I were wanting a 20 ga. combo I would be looking for a Bailkal. I'm pretty sure they had quite a run of combos in 20 ga. with various calibers including 222. Good luck.

I thought growing old would take longer.