Originally Posted by mtwarden
Ahhhh- I have the Aeon Li and the Stratospire Li (2 person)- I use the Aeon backpacking outside of hunting season and winter, the Stratospire Li is pretty weatherproof (wind/rain/medium snow) and have been using it fall/winter.

The Stratospire Li seems like an awesome tent and is still at the top of my list, especially if I have one of my young children with me. If it was available when I was shopping, I definitely would have bought it and probably would have been done right there. But it hasn't been available.

I didn't want to wait until the last minute for the next expected shipment (mid September now) so I started with the Stratospire 1. I like the design and the new silpoly material in theory. Seems like a pretty solid design. But then, the "what if" crept into my brain and I bought the Notch Li that I had previously dismissed.

I haven't used the Notch Li on a trip yet, but I really like it. It's definitely small inside, but I measured it at ~1.3 pounds and it has all the features that I want. I do wish the fly went a freckle lower to the ground, but I don't see myself swapping it out for something else. Except for a two man tent if I have child with me, or I need the extra space.