I don't use a tent that can use trekking poles, I use a bivy style that has a couple of hoops.

Now that we are discussing poles and canes, I have poles in my truck and/or base camp to assist in hauling wild game and supplies. They can be a nuisance in heavy brush and timber, though. They are also put in play while snowshoeing.

I used poles in the open country while hunting Mountain Goats in the Chugach Mountains the first time. The second time, I took advice from a hunting partner and used Stoney Point Polecat shooting sticks for needed stability. Sturdy, lightweight (11 oz.) and versatile. Steady rifle rest and place binoculars or spotting scope on top for extended periods of glassing.

In the hilly terrain of Southwest Wisconsin where I hunt Whitetails most of the time it requires both hands to pull yourself up hill and hang on going down hill.

After a minor accident in the woods, I used a cane to get around for awhile and I milked the sympathy aspect of it with my wife for as long as I could and noticed out in public, people would give you that sympathy/kindness look. I get a little longer in the tooth, I just may take up a cane again. laugh

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime