Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Plumdog
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I got tired of all the 209 drama and now have two sidelocks. Good luck with yours.
Pretty funny. Not long ago you jumped me because I said something derogatory about inlines; and you defended them! They suck, and I'm glad you figured it out.

Don’t recall the encounter, but in general I don’t like people who want to dictate how others hunt (or fish) so if you’re one of those that would be my best guess of what was “discussed”. I sold my Knight mainly because it was a lot of money to have tied up in something for a one-week season that takes place after the deer have been pressured for a couple of months. The secondary reason was that it was a PITA to clean, and primers tended to stick in the bolt. I even bought the shims to fix that, and an aftermarket plug too, but never bothered to use them. A third reason is that I just don’t enjoy shooting inlines as much as I do the more “organic” oldtimers, and now that I have good glasses, I can use them effectively. Have a very nice PH 1858 thats a pleasure to fire just for fun, and bought a used Renegade to use up all the .50 stuff I have laying around. Both will see woods-time.
Yeah, that's what it was. I take issue with attempts at navigating around the intent of the "primitive methods" seasons. But I ain't no elitist. I used to shoot compound bow with sights and release, but lately I would rather go with flintlock. Challenging!