For one thing, Al is talking about his high dollar benchrest rifles. Post up some pics of your hunting rifles that you glass bedded the bottom metal on Al. Did you do a before and after testing on those rifles??? Also, a lot of guys are running synthetic stocks where bottom metal inletting is spot on. This does not need to be glass bedded. You are wasting your time. The Tikka's I run are an example of that. Others are Mcmillans and even factory tupperware stocks. The more important thing is glass bedding the action. Again, if the bottom metal inletting is skewed in some way or another, I'll glass bed it, but that does not happen too often. Even the pre 64 model 70's I like messing with are inletted very well. To each their own, but I'd listen to the guys getting consistent results on target vs the ones grasping at straws. I'd also listen to someone like sheister. Sorry to put you on the spot buddy. What some of you guys don't know is he makes his own custom stocks and does a very nice job at it...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA