I had problems with FedEx doing similar $hit. Sold and shipped to Iowa from Mi. It arrives in Iowa and the package is opened up, with the box all but destroyed. The receiving FFl (rightly) refuses to accept the delivery. Being new to the game, I was watching the tracking about 35 times a day, so when he refused it, I immediately called the buyer to ask what for? Buyer goes STRAIGHT TO THE FEDEX HUB, the same day, and the gun had already been rerouted to Ohio! Turns out, because the gun was addressed to an obvious FFL, the ATF "assumes" that an employee opened it up, and knew the procedure for refusing acceptance, and actually got in the computer and changed the address to Ohio....Of course, I was lucky because I was on top of the tracking, and ATF was waiting in the driveway of the new address! I second the advise stated above : make the package look like anything OTHER than a gun, and be discreet with the shipping address!
And good luck with getting the money for it. Mine was fully insured, and they admitted wrong doing, but said the gun was damaged because it wasn't packed properly. I had it in a soft gun case, then wrapped in bubble wrap to fill the voids in a cardboard box. The gun could fall off the truck and not had a scratch on it if the POS hadn't destroyed all that to see what it was. Sorry for the troubles you are about to go through

IAFF local 1609
Lifetime member NRA