Originally Posted by srwshooter
buddy bought a custom built 6ppc at a gunshow. built by james h hare in florida I think.
says HARE SUPER MATCH 6PPC NECK 262. I have not heard of this guy before,has anyone here.

[Linked Image from s20.postimg.org]

I knew James, and I had him build a 6mm PPC for me. It is the most accurate rifle I've ever owned or had the pleasure of shooting. I'm not a competitive shooter by any stretch of the imagination, but the first five shots I made with this rifle over the hood of James' Toyota pick-up made one tiny very slightly ragged hole.

The rifle was built as a light weight sporter using an XP100 action, a .262 necked chamber, a 'gain twist' barrel, an incredibly light Timney trigger, a composite stock he made, weighing about 5 lbs, and topped with a fixed 12X Leupold scope. I still have a few of the initial loaded rounds he sold me. They are loaded with an obsolete 62.5gr Watson bullet.

I don't think you will find too many people who know him as he specialized in very accurate rifles selling quite a few to top competitive PPC shooters. He sold most of his rifles to law enforcement snipers and the CIA. He showed me some special brass he had with CIA head-stamps when he had an order in hand for 6 rifles in .308.

BTW, how does yor PPC shoot~? Do you still have it~?