Whelen B
I was using the Woodleigh 225gn PPSP in my standard Whelen with a 1 in 12 twist, 25 inches long. The load I used was using Hogdon CFE223 and chronoed velocity was 2,900 fps. This is 200fps over the Woodleigh recommendation. I used it in Namibia to shoot my big burchells zebra stallion. Impact velocity was still around 2,700fps and bullet performance was faultless. It broke the near shoulder destroyed the internals and then broke the offside shoulder. The bullet was found under the skin on the off side and retained 74% of it weight.
If I could upload a photo I would.

Talking to the owner of Woodleigh Geoff McDonald about velocity he said you can push them a bit and they should still work well.
The following are the velocities I get in my standard Whelen using Speer loading data and Sierra data as well as load from a disc
225gn 2,900fps
250gn 2,700fps
275gn 2,60p fps
The above loads are using Hogdon CFE223

The 310gn Woodleigh RNSP is at 2,455 fps with no pressure signs but my working load is 2,340fps. This is using adi 2209/H4350. I plan on using this projectile on a scrub bull hunt next year

All loads were chronoed with a chrony chronograph 4 meters from the muzzle. Rifle is a Stevens 200 rebarreled with a magnum profile 25 inch stainless steel barrel with a 1 in 12 twist. The rifle is stupidly accurate.
When I was in Namibia 3 hunters and 2 PH were given 2 projectiles each. 2x225gn accubonds, 2x 225gn Woodleigh PPSP, 2x250gn hornaday round nose, 2x250gn Hornady spire point Interlock and 2x 250gn speer hot core. The resulting 10 shot group at 100 yards was 1.2 inches nicely centred 3 inches high . My PH wanted to keep my rifle but that wasn't going to happen.
I have had great fun working up loads for the Whelen over the last 4 years and have got to know what it is really capable of when loaded to its full potential SAFELY, NOT HOT RODDED but using reliable load data from speer,Sierra, nosler and load from a disc.
Bob