Originally Posted by Sako76
I'm going on a New Foundland caribou and moose hunt in October on a bum ankle and looking for a good pair of trekking poles. I used an aluminum pair from Walmart last year and when I put all my weight on one pole in the process of falling, the pole collapsed and I did a slow fall to the ground. Maybe poles aren't supposed to hold all of my weight which is 225 lbs. Thanks in advance.

I've tried several different poles over the last few years. Most of my hunting is steep and slick ground going up/down mountains. Lots of rocks and wet ground covered with leaves. I put a lot of weight on them, especially when going downhill. Several of the poles either bent or the latches broke. The following have been the best for me. They are strong and light, I've not broken one of them yet. I prefer the feel compared to all the others I've used. ....the downside....they aren't adjustable. In use, they seem stronger to me than any others I've used. Not sure if they have the size you need but the price is right on these:

https://www.backcountry.com/ultimate-direction-fk-carbon-trekking-pole