Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Allright I'll bite, if that's all you want in performance level why didn't you get a 7x57 or 7-08? My 7 mm mags all run 139 gr horns at 3100-3250 fps painlessly and 3300 is possible with rl-19 or rl-22. So why the whiner load? Mb

Excellent question. I don't remember him saying he wanted a reduced load in his 7mm rem mag. Or did I miss that part? Now he wants to turn it into a 9.3x62mm?? The bolt face would not be correct and there could be other issues regarding feeding? Here's a load I run in both of my 7mm rem mags:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sub 1/2 moa 3 shot groups out to 400 yards (300 yard target shown during testing). 65.5gr H4831 runs right at 3,000 fps, recoils lightly and shoots great in both of my rifles. I don't really get running "7 grains off of max" load data, as most of us know most magnums shoot at their best loaded closer to max velocities... I generally run bullets heavier than 140, but this bullet is known to hold together well and also has a decent bc. Good enough for making shots on big game out to 600 yards, with no problem. So, yes I agree with you Magnum Bob. As per usual.. Maybe the OP should be looking for a 7mm08 or 7x57 instead? Wonder where keith is? Usually he has a lot of great info regarding the 7mm rem mag.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA