Originally Posted by smallblockfuelie
Originally Posted by Ray

That was a good read, thanks.

That article was written by a guy who manufactures and installs muzzle brakes. It's factually wrong on most of his major points and is extremely misleading.

-Test have been done with decible meters placed where a shooters ears would be, rifles with muzzle brakes usually read substantially higher on the DB meters.
-The barrel whip that affects accuracy while the bullet is in the barrel. Muzzle brakes don't take effect until after the bullet departs the barrel! His entire premise about muzzle brakes effecting barrel whip is a crock of BS. They have no more effect on Barrel whip than a weight placed on the barrel at the same place (note that the BOSS system comes with and without the muzzle brake i.e. the BOSS CR, it works the same with either).
-Muzzle brakes do damage you hearing faster than regular rifles do. The DB scale is exponential, i.e. a few more DB's is much louder and will damage your hearing MUCH faster. - I've consulted with MD's about this.

Once again, read the article if you want but it's mostly a bunch of BS from a guy who's trying to sell muzzle brakes.......................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................