A buddy of mine just bought one, OTD, for $314 at Ky Gun Co. He already has the 9mm version and liked it so much that he went back and bought the .45 (he already has a lot of 1911s, too) He said he bought it to use with his Colt Conversion Unit (.22LR). Since he has several other 1911s, he's happy to have one he can dedicate to his Conversion Unit.

Since he bought that Tisas 9mm 1911, it's all he carries now. He flat-out LOVES that thing.

I feel the same way about my various Springfield 9mm 1911s, they are fun to shoot and easier on the hands (and wallets) than .45s. I still think the .38 Supers are even better than the 9mms, but I can't complain at all about the 9s, either. His eyes are still good enough to use GI style sights, mine are not, that's why I went with Springfields, which come with much better sights and other niceties. I still like my .45s, but I don't shoot them nearly as much as the 9mms or Supers. I have more .45s than .35s, but I like them all.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.