I JUST got one. Paid a little more than that $319, but that's alright.

When I got it, I commenced to taking it apart. I like to have NEVER driven out the mainspring housing pin. Holy crap. They had to have pressed it in with a two ton press. No way it was put in by hand. It was really tight. Pin slightly too big, or hole slightly too small, one or the other. Only a thousandth, maybe, but it was enough. I finally got it out, but scratched the frame in the process... dammit. Lightly filed and sanded down the pin and sanded out the hole in the housing, and now it works like it oughta.

Also... the thing bites me. My other A1's have given me no problem, but the particular shape of the safety and the shape of the hammer just make it bite my hand. So... I broke down and ordered a Wilson Combat drop in beavertail safety and a commander hammer. Might as well finally move up to 1970's technology.

I also had ordered a long trigger, but the damn thing came assembled upside down! Grrr.... back it goes.

Anyway, the dang gun looks and feels quite well made. I am well pleased with that, and I am extremely particular about such things. It shoots VERY nicely, and the sights are dead on... though I can barely see them. Gonna get the paint treatment.