when ya car don't work, call a gearhead. If the gun don't work, call a 'smith. When ya need help with poultry products, Call a poultry scientist--UGA, 1974 cum laude. Boiled eggs, perfectly done: put eggs on counter long enuff to come to room temp. put pasta pot on stove with water up to 1/2" below bottom of strainer. turn eye on under pot to hi heat. put eggs in strainer, evenly spaced. two layers ok. when water comes to hi boil, put strainer basket in pot and cover. for large eggs, go 18-19 minutes. may turn heat down a little to keep water from totally evaporating but keep producing that steam in quantity. remove strainer from pot and sit aside. pour water out of pot and rinse with cold water several times. rinse eggs in basket with cold water for a couple minutes. put strainer back in pot and add a quantity of ice to cover. open another beer and drink it slow. put pot on side of sink. turn water on to a trikle. beat egg on bottom of sink all around and hold under slow running cold water and squeeze gently. may roll it around a little on bottom. place in zip bag. this is an adaptation of the way commercial boilers cook and peel theirs. If come out soft, increase hold time or boil time. I generally put mine out overnite or 1st think in am, depending on when I want to peel. should be no green ring if properly done. can adjust to Xlg eggs by adding 3 minutes to boil time. don't reccomend using jumbo's as white integrity not good on them.