Originally Posted by Torqued
I'm not going to go into all of the details tonight, been a busy weekend and need to vent a little.

Our 15 year old daughters best friend has been at our house more than her own for the last 5 years. Her parents are raging alcoholics and really don't want her around. They are both without jobs and trying to get on disability. They adopted her when she was 8 years old,she is 15 now. They told her last weekend that they regret adopting her and want to put her back in the system. She has been depressed lately and recently asked her parents to get her into counseling because she was having suicidal thoughts. Her dad went and got his pistol and put it to her head and told her to pull the trigger.

Jump ahead to Saturday morning. Her mother called my wife and told her to come get the girl, that they were done with her. This young lady has been at our house more often than not the last 5 years and is like our own daughters and a sister to the girls. She goes on vacation with us,float trips, trout fishing, etc. She is part of the family.

My wife is going to start making phone calls tomorrow to find out what if anything that we can do to get power of attorney,get her parents to sign her over to us or whatever.

Spent the weekend getting a room in the basement cleaned up to start making it hers. Not to mention fighting the urge to go to town and rub her dad's face in the rocks.

This is just scratching the surface as to all that has happened the last couple months, so hopefully something good will come out of this.

Sorry about the long read and jumping around, run ons, etc
Any advice is appreciated, I'm sure some of the members have been her before.

Thanks guys
You should go and kill him.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter