Verbal portion of the report: It looks exactly as I wrote above. 2750-2800 FPS is going to take a grain or two more than 63 in my 35 WAI, and that probably won't fit. Going to have to take what I can get with 63 or maybe just a few tenths more. Looks like 2725-ish for 63/RL-15.5 at 72-82F ambient during the shooting session. Accuracy potential looks outstanding - for the next trip to the range I will load a few more at 63 and see what kind of a real group I can get. Pressures appeared to be very low. Quite rounded primers (yeah - I know. But I shot nothing but CCI200s today in four different rifles and it is easy to make relative judgements about primer appearance in that case). My assessment so far is that RL-15.5 is not too slow to optimize the 225 grain in the Whelen, just too bulky. But it is very accurate, it appears. More to follow with a better sample.

Pictorial portion of the report: All the measurements and speeds and load data is on this page. [EDIT: I left off the OAL. It's 3.375", which is still far off the lands in my long throated chamber.]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Cheers,
Rex

Last edited by TRexF16; 09/08/22.