Originally Posted by Pappy348
The Earn-a-Buck rules vary by county as well AFIK. Not even a thing in some. In neighboring Clarke County, I think you need to take two does before taking a second buck, but that may just be on private land. If I ever hunt there again, I’ll read up on it, and it will probably have changed by then.

Good luck to you as well.

You must take one doe between bucks. But you can kill bucks in different counties without the doe requirement.

From VDWR:
"Deer taken in one EAB county, city, or town do not “carry over” to any other EAB county, city, or town. Each county, city, or town is its own separate management unit with regards to EAB.
Private lands in Accomack, Albemarle, Amherst (west of Rt. 29), Bedford, Carroll, Clarke, Culpeper, Fauquier, Floyd, Franklin, Frederick, Greene, Grayson, Hanover, Henrico, Madison, Montgomery, Orange, Prince George, Pulaski, Rappahannock, Roanoke, Rockingham (east of Rts. 613 and 731), Shenandoah, Stafford, Warren, and Wythe counties

Within a license year and within each individual county listed above, before you can take a second antlered deer on private lands in that county (your second buck), you must have taken at least one antlerless deer on private lands in that county. Furthermore, in those counties listed above east of the Blue Ridge Mountains where it is legal to harvest a third antlered deer, before you can take a third antlered deer on private lands in that county (your third buck), you must have taken at least two antlerless deer on private lands in that county."

I also agree with the statement further up regarding the .223

FJB & FJT