IronNoggin;
Top of the morning to you my old friend, I hope the weather's behaving for you all and you're all well.

Welcome to the 'Fire, it's nice to see folks who I know dropping by for a look, I hope you find something useful here.

While I've mentioned this previously Nog, I'm intending on repeating myself - yet again - so those who've read this before can safely change the channel now.

So far in both the US and admittedly to a lesser extent Canada, it remains the right of the individual to spend their hard earned funds where they see fit. Albeit after taxes and all the other government grabs and grafts.

Thus when our fellow 'Fire members say they're intending on punishing a Federal Government leader who received next to zero votes west of the Ontario border and thus gives not so much as one small infinitesimal scat if we all dry up and blow away in a stiff wind AND in fact seems for all the world to be working towards that end himself with his Evil Minions...

Well okay?

For sure and certain I believe that I understand and absolutely respect the body autonomy issues which the current Shiny One is imposing on both Canadians and travelers Nog, but in my mind that's a separate and wholly different topic. Again it's my mind Nog and as you know it's suspect on a good day.

For those of our US 'Fire friends who aren't familiar with the extent of the economy in cross border shopping, there were entire malls in Bellingham, WA built and operated to cater to it. One fine bright morning in the parking lot of the Sun Tree Inn near where Sprague and Division, we wandered through the full to capacity parking lot and found only 2 US plates on the rigs, all the rest being from Alberta and BC.

Our collective governments have managed to effectively kill that off folks and I do use the word "our" intentionally.

There has been, in my view, a concerted effort as well to not only instill division within our respective countries, but for each other as brother/joint nations as well. This has been done both through government policy and via the legacy media on both sides of the medicine line.

Anyways Nog and anyone else still reading this far, I suppose I'm just an old guy mourning the passing of a wonderful time when BC residents could visit stateside to spend money, shoot trap and even shoot in handgun competitions without many issues and we hosted friends from stateside in many social events throughout the year up here.

It seemed to me that we had as much or more in common with each other than was different, but perhaps that's truly a thing of the past as well. I do hope not though.

Regardless Nog, again welcome and all the best to you this week.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 09/12/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"