Originally Posted by 673
"That is true to a certain extent but it is difficult to quantify the amount of cows and calves taken"
That is part of my point, that is a part of "unregulated", the other part is the truckloads of Elk being killed.

Yes predator's, yes invasive weeds, access to the land, but.....if those with the access are regulated, I puzzle about what the problem with that is....

We cannot continue to ignore the truckloads of Female Elk being killed. I know that in order for landowners to be free of pesky Elk, killing Bulls will do nothing.

I will also suggest that.....depletion of the Elk, Moose, Deer isn't an accident. It is a strategy to further limit hunting/control of resident hunters.

The resource is in the process of being handed over under the guise of...they know how to manage the resource better because they have been doing that for thousands of years.

We as hunters and wildlife proponents are a diminishing lot, so our needs are not in the spotlight for " new age people) And completley off the list for urbanites.
Health care takes up more of the budget all the time, and Canadian's also feel as their health is the responsibility of someone else.
I see a time the budget will chip away at most everything else, roads, pensions....you name it.
It is hard to identify with the pink hair Canadian's , for our world, is as foreign to them as life in North Korea.
Our remaining Elk have migrated to the valleys( much of it private) , because they are safer, calving is easier and predation is lessened.
No hard feelings Grey Dog- this is how I see it.
At least we now have a decent Conservative leader ,
he will speak for some of our " wants" in Western Canada. Will the New Age folks vote for him?
Yes, we need a Grizzly season again, the lefties ended it, Our Indians have little effect on game numbers, however.( imo)
It appears we are headed to Huxley's " Brave New World" .