Any time someone tells you how easy it is to kill turkeys in the fall its evident they dont know chit from shinola....

Years back I've taken people fall hunting with my turkey dog Buster the Brown Bomber and when I was sure we had flushed a flock of Gobblers I remarked that when I get them talking you are going to hear turkey talk like you have never heard in your life....

If you hunt enough and payed attention you can tell from the dogs barking if he has flushed hens or a flock of gobblers...

Hens are not like calling longbeards....lots of factors flushing hens with a dog.
Like was mentioned hens go to the trees a lot of the time and can be difficult to deal with....then you have the "fear factor" when dogs flush a flock of hens it scares the hell out of them. A lot of times they come in peeping.....every once in a while you'll get a boisterous hen doing the kee kee kawking run.

With longbeards the "fear factor" is a lot less....when you flush a flock of gobblers and get one to answer the call they will go into wild calling....yonking and sometimes gobbling.

The best I can describe the experience is being circled by sharks....if you're skilled and lucky you might get 2 or 3 maybe 4 kills then it's over.

I dog hunted during a period in Tennessee that pretty much had unlimited fall tags.....one fall I remember having 42 tags for two counties and I also hunted Fort Campbell military base weekly. Then they had a 4 month season with a daily limit of 2 turkeys.

My dog is in the happy hunting grounds, bag limits are gone.....fall hunting is no fun if you can't kill a pile of turkeys.

So I just spring hunt now.