Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Went through a period around 7-10 years ago with difficulties, due to a typical older-guy symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). Was traveling a lot then, spending too much time sitting in airplanes--and then often in pickup trucks on rough roads. Ended up not being able to pee after a flight back to Montana, and ended up in the local emergency room, with a catheter connected to a bag that stayed in place for a week.

Was put on Flo-Max, which helped, but on a couple other trips still ended up in emergency rooms. My doc finally had me try one-time-use self-applied catheters, which turned out pretty easy to use--and less painful to insert and remove. In generall, after using one or two the problem went away, at least until the next long plane trip.

Eventually he suggested trying Finasteride, which started working very quickly, and I haven't had any difficulties since--but also don't travel nearly as much anymore.

As others have stated, not being able to pee ain't fun!

I found myself in a airplane at 30,000 feet and couldn't go. When I finally got home I went straight to the emergency room and they drained close to a liter out of me. Rappaflo and tadafil helped with those issues and I started carrying the self catheters with me when I travel since that episode.