I bought a pair of Outlander L 570 DPS models (brand new) in 2016, and the packages have changed since then, but the main features are pretty much the same. At the time, the L model was their cheaper/budget model with steel racks, instead of the plastic racks with Linq attachment points. I prefer the steel racks, anyway.

I did get the upgraded DPS models, with alloy wheels and power steering. These were the only two identical machines they had in stock, when I bought mine, so I paid the extra for the DPS models so I could have two machines that were the same. I thought DPS was a gimmick, when I bought them, but I have completely changed my mind since then. I think power steering is a "must have" item, and I would not considering buying a 'wheeler without power steering, moving forward.

All of the Outlander models (DPS and up) have the same main features and drivetrain, so the different packages are just accessories and cosmetics. The important features (4wd, auto front diff lock, hydraulic brakes, etc.) are the same. Personally, I think the Outlander DPS package is offers the most bang-for-the-buck. Use the money saved, over the more expensive models, and invest in aftermarket tires, if you'd like (the factory tires work pretty well, though). All of the other stuff (bumpers, wheels, tires, hand guards, heated grips, winch, skid plates, etc.) can all be added after the fact.

Some people prefer the longer wheelbase of the Max model, even if they don't ride with two people. They remove the 2-up seat for extra cargo room. This might come in handy for a hunting machine. Mine both have the shorter wheel-base, so I couldn't tell you the difference in handling or ride, between the two.

I am happy I went with Can-am, over other brands. I looked at them all, and I think Can-am makes a solid machine at a good price. Both of my machines have been flawless. They have a comfortable ride, and they go through WAY more soggy terrain than I thought they would. The 570 twin is a smooth and powerful engine. I have had no issues with reliability or starting, even in winter weather. I am impressed!

I only have two complaints with the Outlander. One is the seemingly low front end clearance; I seem to hit the front skid plate more often than I would expect. Not a deal breaker, just annoying. The other complaint is a tedious oil change. You need to remove plastic panels to access the oil filter. Thankfully, I don't have to change oil that often.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.