Originally Posted by Oskerspap12
What powder are you loading your 220 Furys with ?.....How fast are you running them ? Just wondering ..........

Funny you should ask....I need to post up some data but just haven't taken the time.

I shot 200gr Hornady and 220 Fury into gallon water jugs to compare. 348 AI.

The Hornady impact velocity was 2,600 fps. Ended up in 4th jug. Ave dia .70". Retained 68%

Fury impact velocity was 2,450 fps. Ended up in 5th jug. Ave dia .53". Retained 57%. Could go faster with the Fury, but these were the first I loaded so went conservative. After seeing the results, would not push them faster for short range impacts.

So the Hornady impacted at 125 fps higher velocity, held a larger mushroom and retained more weight, vs the bonded Fury.

Go figure.

Not saying the Fury won't kill smaller stuff as well or better (a number of fragments captured in the jugs), but the devastation to the first couple of jugs was certainly more obvious from the faster and larger mushroomed Hornady.

Just based on this, I would keep the Fury 220 for deer. I have 250 ABW and Barnes for larger game. I have asked Fury if they will do a 250gr. They said "maybe". I am going to recommend they thicken the jackets, and if they are not pure copper, perhaps make them a little more malleable. They seem to shatter.

Also just for grins, did a 150gr Woodleigh from the 30-30. Impact velocity 2,500. 4 jugs, dia .675 weight retention 91%. It was perfect.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.