Thank you for posting, some great information in that video.

I would add that anything manufactured in chiner is a no go. chiner-made steel is an amalgamation of many different types of scrap and is almost guaranteed to fail. Look at all the bridge failures that have used chiner steel. Look at the problems welding chiner steel. I read an article not to long ago that chiner-made shackles were failing at an alarming rate resulting in deaths and many near misses. Ever tried to sharpen a chiner-made axe or hatchet? - a file will skate across parts of the edge and 'bite" in other parts - inconsistent metalurgy and inconsistent tempering. Avoid chiner steel at all costs. Make sure that all your recovery gear is USA made. Sure, USA manufactured recovery gear is more expensive, but anything less is a risk I'm not willing to take. AND AVOID HORROR FREIGHT GEAR AT ALL COSTS!

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue