blanket;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the weekend was well behaved overall for you and you're well.

Beginning in about '89 or so, I began to seriously haunt this part of the neighborhood.

[Linked Image]

What I was looking for was one of these, which I found in the fall of '91.

[Linked Image]

In early '92, we bought a chunk of ground at the base of the mountain where that ram died.

While we've knocked around the mountain behind the house a whole lot in the intervening decades, there were some spots I just never went back into. One of the blessings of where we're living is a generous season for most things, though California Bighorns are now a really tough to get drawn for LEH hunt only.

This fall a very good friend who has since moved up the valley got drawn, so we began to scout pretty seriously for him in some of the old sheepish area.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yesterday, exactly 31 years and 2 days after the 2nd photo was taken, he killed a nice mature ram.

He doesn't do social media so the photos of the ram shall remain where they're at. Also I'll refrain from saying which of the views was taken while we were cutting up the ram on the side of the mountain - just because.

However in the spirit of the 'Fire where we furnish "pics or it didn't happen"....

[Linked Image]

Anyways sir, his ram died within less than a kilometer of mine all those years before.

All the best to one and all. Good luck on your respective hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"