Originally Posted by Sheister
How many time is this discussion going to come up on this site? And is it going to get any more ridiculous in the 500th discussion as it was in the first?

I know lots of guys who have a tough time hitting a deer at 50 yards, much less 400, but I would never tell them they should get closer.... wink

And when I'm lining up a shot- no matter if it is 125 yards or 600 yards, I don't really worry too much about what some yahoo on 24hourcampfire thinks I should be doing... but I do think about whether I can make the shot while I am setting up. Do I have a sufficient rest? Is there any obstacles in the way? What is the actual distance and what does my dope sheet say? Can I retrieve the animal from where it will drop? What will I cook for dinner?

A lot of you guys worry way too much about what others do and not enough about how you come off when spouting your "world according to me" opinions.... it's almost as if a lot of guys on this site forget that some of us hunt in different situations than you do and need different skill sets to accomplish our goal...

I'd let you in my camp Bob grin

Semper Fi