Originally Posted by Woodsman1991
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
What a lame derailment by grown ups acting like children. OP, Sorry your post went sideways.

Just curious, why are those your 2 options? IMO, there are better, more reliable choices. Why not start this over by indicating your budget and intended usage? Then maybe you might get some good recommendations.

Agreed, wish we had an option to ban people from threads that we create. Maybe Rick could do that to help cut down on the clutter, as there are some VERY useful people posting here but a (few) couple folks really detract from the site.

As to my goals, I wanted to stay under $600 shipped to get something to go on a varmint and target practice rifle. I've got three rifles that it may go on, a 223, a 6mm rem, and a Cz 527 in 204 ruger. Shots to 500 yards at most realistically. I have very little experience shooting beyond 200 yards but from what I've played around with so far I know that I enjoy good glass with ability to zoom in enough to see hits at distance. I'm wanting to get enough practice in this year to extend my comfortable game and varmint shots to 300, maybe 400 yards. This means lots of practice out to 500 yards minimum. Plus I'm generally enjoying the challenge of learning to read the wind and account for it. I've got the Midas Tac 6-24 on order currently but I'd still welcome suggestions going forward. I enjoy reading from those who have knowledge and are willing to share it without jamming it down others throats as "gospel".

You've spent more time bitching about the sidebars than has been spent on the sidebars. Harden the fugk up and buy the Credo.

Buying Chinese scopes is dumb.