The pic in the OPs first post is a 72 if I'm not mistaken. I had a 72 3/4 ton 4x4 for a while. Did all the body work on it to get it straightened out and cleaned it up. It was a rust free truck when I got it, even though it had been a farm truck for part of its life. Painted it the original medium blue when single stage paint was still available. Interior was like new when I got it . Even replaced the rubber floor mats when you could go down to the dealer and pick them up for t $75 and just plop them in along with new pads. Went through all the mechanicals and rebuilt the 350 that was in it. The 400 Turbo was in great shape so just cleaned it up and put it back in with the engine. It was a great truck but it rode like a dump truck and about rattled my fillings out when I drove it. And then we started having kids and there was no way we could afford a second vehicle at the time and it wasn't a family rig so it went down the road. The young man who bought it was a happy camper to get it and I used to see it driving around once in a while- he kept it pretty well shined up like I did.

My brother had one in the same year that he bought new and he kept it looking new the entire time he owned it, which was about 40 years.

I love those body styles, but I have to admit I like the new trucks much better for the amenities and the great ride they afford. I also like the 47-54 Chev trucks for their style and one day soon I plan to buy one just to restomod it...

Last edited by Sheister; 09/21/22.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.