My first AR was a Ruger AR556. The rear of the bolt carrier had a burr that cut a groove in the face of the buffer. Contacted Ruger, sent them a few pics per their request and got a new bolt carrier and buffer. Stoned and polished the rear of that bolt carrier and used it in a different build. The buffer with the chewed up face is also still in use. So there was a QC issue, but one that was easily fixed, plus spare parts to boot. Now that Ruger is sporting a BCM upper with a Douglas barrel and a bunch of other non-Ruger parts.

With this SFAR, there is one area of concern. The gas block looks like it may be touching the inside of the handguard. Not sure if this will be an issue, but with my AR builds, I always make sure that there is clearance so the gas block is not making contact. I will get out to the range on Friday and will see how it shoots. Already mounted a ASR muzzle device.

The rifle is light enough that I can see myself carrying it in the woods for deer, even with a suppressor. I have built 2 AR-10s for family and would never consider carrying them for hunting.