Originally Posted by Brad
Other thing that is a must have for me is a handle for tilting and panning. A ball head without a handle isn't something I want for use with a spotting scope.

Brad;
Top of the morning to you sir, it's been too long since I've said hello and I hope all is as well as can be with you and your fine family these days.

When I read your post this morning I chuckled a bit because I'm the exact same way, but I'm not certain in my case it's not just because I'm familiar with it that way?

My old friend with the ram draw had picked up a new ball head tripod with a pistol grip sort of setup to release and move his spotter.

When I used it, while it seemed to work "okay" for me, somehow on my setup I've grown accustomed to resting my right chin whiskers on the handle. The old 25X Leupold straight tube that I used has a fair bit of eye relief and it sort of helps me stay steady - or so I tell myself anyways Brad.

For sure I could manipulate the Slik's tripod head around in such a way that the handle isn't there too, but I don't seem to do that when I'm out using it hunting ever.

Yet another example of many roads to get to Mecca I suppose, but that's a rut I seem to be comfortable in.

All the best to you all and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"