A few months ago I walked into the LGS not really looking for anything in particular. When I spied this VLS on the used rack. Most of the ones I've seen around here have all been 22-250 or 243. I was surprised to see it in .223. It was used but appeared to have been fired very little. I wanted it, however the shop had 1299$ on the rifle. Too high IMO. So I asked the shop owner about trades. Long story short....I had a LNIB CZ527 in 22hornet that I offered up and he agrees to trade straight across. Which was great because I only had 668$ in the CZ. So the trade was made and both of us were happy.

I couldn't wait to get home and get a scope mounted and to see if this thing would shoot. It didn't take long to realize that no matter what bullet you put into it, that it was gonna shoot it. So I went ahead and upgraded to an 8oz Timney over the factory walker, and pulled my old 14x Burris off in favor of a new Tract Toric 4-20x50. Something tells me that I got the better end of the deal. It has become my favorite little paper puncher.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]