Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Thor Heyerdahl proved that South Sea Savages could paddle a raft from Chile to the Pacific Islands. If they could go 1,500 miles west, they could turn around and go 1,500 miles east. Mainstream science dismissed Heyerdahl's work in 1947.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Guy had some nuts though. I enjoyed reading him as a younger man.

When I said that mainstream science dismissed Heyerdahl's work, I meant that, time has proven Heyerdahl to be right and mainstream science wrong.
That stuff is interesting, however, it doesn't jibe with even the most basic genetics work. BUT, who knows what they'll dig up in the future.

I'm no expert but it sure seems like the polynesians made it to South America. If they can start in southeast Asia and make it all the way to Easter Island, South America doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.

A few years ago there was a group that took what they claim was a traditional style of Polynesian sailing catamaran, and they circumnavigated the globe in the thing.
It's maybe possible, even probable, however, the modern genetics work, thus far, shows decent from Siberian ancestry throughout the Americas. (In multiple waves). Interesting stuff in the past decade. Just my casual take.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/24/22.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?