Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
If'n a battle AR is really meant for the long run, any concern about poly/rubber grips, stocks, maybe the bumper on the buffer, or extractor o-rings? Thinking of becoming less than optimal or inoperable from being in a high heat environment (use your imagination), not degredation from chemicals (maybe that too) or heat from sustained firing. Besides lights, switches, optics.

I've heard of ditching the o-rings (BCM), aluminum grips and butts and had a guy in the know caution against Magpul plastique handguards... Stuff, within reason is going to still function? Or not?

Looked at ARs of a broad spectrum of price points today at Brownells. Poly aplenty.

Comments, GFYs, input? Parts that potentially could address such concerns, regardless of validity of course?
You stopped at the store in Grinnel ??

I hope you didn't try to go west on I-80. The ramp was closed last week and didn't look like it was going back open for any length of time.

kwg
$#&@&!, Yes, westbound!

Twenty miles, ten east, ten back to get to zero! Dambit! LOL, had to do that another time too!

Very conservative today. Got a bench block, vise block, various swabs, an Oops kit and a used single - shot 12ga. They had SR, SRM, SP, SPM primers and a few powders of interest. Sigh. I could easily dump ten of Gs there on shop goodies and toys! Walked away from a clean 870 twenty gauge for $280. Of interest, Trijicon Riflescopes made in Japan, FM9 forward Charging 9mm carbine, cool handguards. Oh boy, I am a fan.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?