You got me while editing, but, 100% answered my questions.

Now makes sense, it was the plastic handguard of concern. I think ya'll went to the same theater.... Much appreciated! I'll take this input forward... I have a few Midwest Industries items. Sounds good to me on the sights.

Thanks all. I need to get to Billings for Dale's aluminum foiling course....

Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Thanks man. Just noticed your post.

What then are the available equivalent buttstocks and grips? I'll search a bit.... About to go dark for a few hours.

I see zero advertising by the way.... My FN was downgrade variety with Magpul MOE. A guy in the know poopooed it for being melty! I still think of it.

Can you please recommend a rear sight, fixed ot not, for a flat top? Again, thanks.

For a decent quality, American made front and rear flat top set of sights, Midwest Industries has a couple reasonable options. They have both fixed and folding versions. I have used both and they are solid built quality products. You can spend hundreds of dollars for a Knights Armament set of sights but really they don't do anything more than a good set of MI sights do.

https://midwestindustriesinc.com/gun-type/ar-15-accessories/ar-front-rear-sights/

GG&G is another outfit that I have used their iron sights on my guns and have no complaints. They are a bit more expensive, but are very well built. Both companies make a very well built product.

BTW,

There is nothing at all wrong with Magpul buttstocks/grips. They have been in use overseas for some time with various groups and are a proven design. I would caution against the Magpul handguards unless they had built in metal heat shields if you intend to do some high volume shooting, but other than that, their buttstocks and grips are good to go. In reality most won't ever shoot their guns enough for that to be a concern, but based on the what you are wanting, I would suggest a traditional handguard with shields.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?