KillerBee;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day's been well behaved for you and all who matter in your world are healthy.

Thanks for the photo of the rifle which Corlane put together for you - as well as that bsa which I still like quite a bit for all the reasons already covered. wink

For the edification of our non Canuck friends, I'll say that I've personally dealt with the now co-owner/head gunsmith Greg up in Corlanes since before he was co-owner and have always had very positive interactions.

As well, I've got family up close to the Peace country who tell me the very same thing.

Lastly on Corlane, when I was finding a shop to put together a .350 Rem Mag build for a "hard use" rifle which a geologist in northern BC and the Yukon might carry, Greg at Corlane again got the nod for the job for a number of reasons, foremost being he was the first gunsmith to say he wasn't going to build anything which didn't feed perfectly - each time - every time. The project turned out well - Wilson barrel and all - and buddy is pleased but I've not had a recent report of the group sizes or at what ranges.

Oh, even though I said it was the last thing, if anyone is heading up the Alaska Highway or down, stopping in Corlane to view the taxidermy on display is well worth the time. I had a great visit with Aaron the other co-owner when we did that this summer. They had a ram head in there that if it wasn't a game farm raised animal would have been #3 I believe it was? It's crazy big - and yah, I know it's a game farm ram - but still...... shocked

If you're thinking about moving your rifle and you are so inclined, I'd think that either Corlane or Clay Smiley down at Prophet River might be worth a phone call to see what they need to move it. Clay has always been wonderful to deal with in my experience and has moved some pieces for me which were nigh onto impossible to find buyers for locally.

It's a thought anyways perhaps?

Hopefully that was useful for you or again anyone wandering up or down the Alaska Highway.

All the best and good luck on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"