Having custom rifles built and then selling them will rarely get a guy anywhere close to his original spend. Note, I didn’t say investment. When talking custom builds, it’s typically not an investment.

There are a few things, if the stars align, that can make your financial losses less severe.

#1 you have a build from the most current hot-shît builder who’s got a 2 year waiting list for a rifle.

#2 Your rifle was built with tier one parts and plumbed together by a reputable builder, and someone wants it in a bad way.

#3 This goes for any custom rifle. It’s Proven. Meaning it has documented, repeated accuracy over hundreds of rounds.

I have a lot of customs, from varmint rigs to bigger cf chamberings. All of them will shoot a quarter inch with the first 3-4 shots. Some will hold true with 5-6 shots.

But all of them, except for one rifle I have will start to open up by the time I’ve sent 10 rounds into a target. Mostly, and truthfully, all are 1 MOA rifles, verified with 10 rounds. Doing the same thing over and over.

The one rifle, a 7WSM I had built by Scott Weichel is a freak of nature. It just eats inside the same hole, without question, no matter how many rounds I send down range. I will die with this rifle still in my possession.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”