Originally Posted by hardway
Holosun 507K..... I was shooting it out back on my range and the dot worked fine.... when I was heading into the shop where my safe is I checked the light and no dot? Guess I could read instructions but figured I would ask.

I have some 507K X2s and a 407K X2. If left powered on, they have a shake awake feature that has never failed me. You can manually turn the optic off by pushing the "+" and "-" buttons at the same time. I have done that inadvertently by using the optic to rack the gun. The solution (aside from not using the optic as a charging aid) is to hold the "+" button down for 3 seconds until the dot blinks, in order to lock the setting at whatever reticle and brightness setting you have at the time. The downside is that you cannot adjust the brightness setting without again holding the "+" button down for 3 seconds until it blinks, then adjusting. (Because I like the plain dot only, I went to the 407K X2 because it has a 6 MOA dot rather than 2, which allows me to pick one setting for almost all lighting conditions without needing to adjust it.)

I don't know what version of the 507K you have. I think that the only difference between the first and X2 versions is that they changed the buttons from vertical to horizontal because of a patent dispute. But, if you have the first version, you may want to double check me.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln