I've got an Energizer PMHT61 that I paid, I think, $35 for at Lowes a couple of years back .... shockingly, it's been one helluva good flashlight. Strong piercing highbeam, great button switch, casting low beam and, with a two second hold on the switch, a surprisingly good strobe. It's built like a tank, holds 3 D cells, 450 LED lumens.

I've always had a bit of a flashlight fetish .... got a ton of them. Got them everywhere in house, in the garage, in the trucks and tractors, in the barn. I walk out the door every morning with one in my hand to get from the back porch to out here in the hay barn. That Energizer, IMHO, is the best bang for the buck going. Spun and checkered aluminum body (not stamped), really well designed. I'm picking-up a couple more if I ever drive back into the big city again.

Brinkley and Energizer both make good 3 LED headlamps with high, low and red light switches. I like Brinkley's wider straps personally but I like Energizer's 3 AAA power source better vs Brinkley's 3 x 2032s. Coast makes a rechargeable but they're $70+ bucks and no headlamp is worth $70-$80 bucks imho.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.