Originally Posted by mod7rem
Originally Posted by Brad
This is always an interesting topic, and comes up every few years. To add a different perspective, I'd be curious about those that prefer one vs. the other in terms of their brain dominance. Ie, are those that are left-brain dominant are more comfortable with a straight tube, and those that are right-brained are more comfortable with angled? I think an angled scope takes a bit more "spacial sense" than a straight tube which is more in line with a right-brain dominant person.

Dunno - just an observation having read these threads for years. And of course, there is no "right" answer to the question of straight vs.. angled. You've got to know that for yourself.

I agree there might be something else to this preference. I’ve owned and used both and I definitely prefer angled in all uses for me, although I never use with a window mount so I can’t comment on that use.

The preference for angled over straight just seems obvious to me, but the opposite is true for others. No right or wrong answer here.
You may be on to something that better makes sense of it.

I'm definitely more right-brained. I'm an artist/craftsman/creative person, and have always had good spacial sense - I'm not an engineer or uber-linear thinker (but very few people are all left or all right brained obviously). I'd always owned a straight spotter, then in 2010 I started working on a remote ranch here in MT that had nothing but angled spotters. I started using them and instantly liked them better, and nothing over the following 2+ years I used them changed that opinion. I still only own a straight tube, but my preference is absolutely angled for 90%+ of what I use a spotter for.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery