Originally Posted by CRS
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by GregW
Blows my mind how many people "glass" with a spotter.

PS - you're missing lots of stuff....

To be clear, when I said “I do find I have less neck strain when using an angled for long periods” I was referring to staring at a critter for 10 minutes waiting for him to lift his head, or to walk out of the brush, etc.

I can’t think of a single time I have ever looked through my spotter without first seeing something specific that I want to get a better look at.

Brother, you are the man. We all know you should be listened to.

Spotters are for a closer inspection, not for looking.

That has been my experience as well, at least for the type of hunting I do.

Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Straight... much faster to get on the object.

For the last several years a huge part of our glassing has been done with Vortex Razor 18x56 bins. great compromise between a bin and a spotter for ease of use and power. It needs a tripod of course. Now I carry two bins and two spotters...

I had a pair of 15x Vortex's that I ended up selling. Found they did not do anything a pair of 10x42's couldn't do, Except take up space and weight. Still ended up setting up the spotter for a closer look. This was for sheep, antelope, and mule deer.

The 15x Vortex, diamondback? (now discontinued IIRC) was not the same grade as the 18x56, nor even close.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.