Myself, my brother, and my dad all hunted for about a dozen years from my Jr high days until I graduated college with a box of 100g Hornady btsp interlocks that I loaded over imr 4831. We took a lot of mule deer over the years with those in our 6mms. I can't recall ever losing a deer. I was poor and cheap back then and just stuck with what worked. I reloaded and the family mooched off me.

Around 2004 or so I noticed Hornady started changing their bullets from lot to lot and moving the interlock and changing jacket thickness. I lost a little faith in my do everything interlocks. Around then I found SPS and got some really good deals on nosler portion 2 nds. They were about the same price as interlocks so I went to partitions for an all around hunting bullet.

The first year I switched I watched my little brother stone a nice buck from about 375 yards with my little model 7 6mm and a 100g partition. It dropped instantly and never moved. Now he requests those.

I just loaded some 85g partitions for a new 700 youth rifle I dropped in an mdt lss with a magpul adjustable stock for my 10 year Olds back up gun. I loaded some lighter h4895 and 8208xbr loads that should only clock around 3000. I'll go see which load it likes hopefully in the morning. I also did some 90g accubonds. I still have a bunch of those 2nd partitions so I'll let the kids burn them up. I shoot 108 eldxs in my 6s these days. At least the ones twisted for them.

Bb