I hunt the Northeast and NC for whitetails and Ontario and NB for Moose, all of which is mostly pretty close country. I use a set of Meostar 8x32's and have been pretty happy with them.

However this year I went to Newfoundland for Moose and am booked for Moose/Caribou next year. Its much more open and the ranges are much longer and I think there will likely be a lot more judging of racks particularly for the Caribou. This years moose hunt was the first time I felt a little more bino than my 8x32s might be worthwhile.

So my question from folks who have used different binos in more open country. Am I likely to benefit from a set of 10x42s in a moderate price range ($600-1000) over my 8x32 Meostars for my Caribou hunt? If your answer is yes, any suggestions for a good value in the range. I can do new or used.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge